Public Education

Back in October 2015 Winter Park Fire Rescue hosted a unique fire safety open house event at a home which had been damaged by fire. The accidental fire clearly demonstrated the benefits of having working smoke detectors as the occupants of the home at the time of the fire were warned in time to safely exit and call for help. With the cooperation of the owners, we were able to prepare a tour of this live fire scene. Neighbors and others toured the home and had the opportunity to see and feel the fire and smoke damage and the benefits of having operating smoke detectors. A safe path through the home offered participants the opportunity to see the benefits of having an operating smoke detector. We want to thank the Casey family and the students at Full Sail University who produced the attached video. Please feel free to contact us for more details on this very successful public education event.